cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Wednesday, February 13, 2008

    Plans...

    With more shops opening today, the Chinese New Year celebration mood has kind of quieten down and more people are returning to work, though not at all motivated, haha.

    Chinese New Year was good. I mean, i ORD on the eve. How cool is that?! Haha. No more waking up at 5am in the morning just to go to camp. No more wasting 2 hours of my precious life everyday travelling up and down and no more camp-related saikung. Woohoo! Furthermore, i have around 1 week to simply nua at home and not do anything. Wah, didn't know the feeling of simply nua-ing at home with nothing to bother me is so shiok.

    Ang bows aside, i think i got to run 2 marathons back to back to kill off the calories i pile on. It isn't fair when your mum is a good cook. I mean, look at what i had for reunion dinner. Braised duck with sea cucumber, abalone, dong fen and a pot full of pig's stomach soup. Oh man. Having a mum who can cook is enough. Having an auntie who can also cook is... wow. 2nd day of CNY and i am off trotting to my 4th Aunt house for lunch. Let me see what i gobble down. Eh, chicken soup, abalone, sea cucumber, wu xiang and cereal prawns. And don't get me started on what i ate on the 1st day of CNY and all those New Year goodies. And yes i am too busy eating to take pictures. Haha

    This year, CNY is kind of special. On the first day, thanks to my mum, almost all of my paternal side relatives gathered at my house for a buffet lunch(food again!). Wah, 岁月不留人. Most of my cousins are getting older and most of my nieces and nephew are getting bigger. One or two of them are going to enter NS next year okay? What happen to the days when they were cute and adorable? Haha.

    Just when i thought i would continue to nua till school start on the 18th, Ah Woon texted me on the 2nd day of CNY, "NUS Biathlon?"

    It was tempting, even more so when i failed to register in time for the Singapore Biathlon 2008. But at the same time, looking at my bulging tummy, it makes me wonder can i make it?

    So...

    I went for it in the end.

    NUS Biathlon 08 Tag

    Not the full biathlon but half of it. 750m swim plus 5km run. This is considering the little amount of time we have for training(NUS Biathlon is on the 17th), the amount of calories we piled on during CNY and the slight dip in our physical standard. The full biathlon will be too taxing for us. =P

    Personally, i am having mixed feelings about it. I mean, although i have swam longer than 750m in the sea and covered more than 5km on the road before, it is still something new to me. For now, i am just keeping my fingers crossed and pray that i can complete it.



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com