cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Sunday, February 18, 2007

    CNY 1st Day...

    Chinese New Year is here again and while some people are happily going around visiting relatives, some just want to get away. You know, those aunts who will without fail bother you on your marriage status or some other questions you don't really wish to answer every CNY.

    Don't they get sianz meh?

    Anyway, i completed one round of visitation today and this round is always the same for every CNY. As one of my cousin jokingly puts in, there is a SOP(Standard Operating Procedures) in place liao. First we will visit my father's side 2nd aunt's son house where almost every relative in my father's side will gather. Next up is my Mum's 2nd bro house and before you know it, the day is gone.

    Maybe it is because i went through NS or because of my age but this year's CNY feel totally different from last year's. I don't know how to describe the differences but the feeling is there. Maybe NS make me realise the importance of family i guess.

    But whatever it is, i can't help but notice the one big difference between my Mum's side relatives and my father's side relatives.

    My father's side has the tall genes. Wah lao! One year never see, most of my nephews has exceeded 175cm okay? And my cousins, my siblings and I are all at least 170cm. Comparatively, my Mum's side...



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com