cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Sunday, February 12, 2006

    Choices...

    These few days the main topic of discussion among my friends is none other than the GCE "O" Level results. Although most of my friends are rather happy with their results, you could see some of them are rather disappointed. From the way they talk, it is rather obvious. Well, what i could say to them is don't be too sad. Accepting this cold hard fact is hard i know but it is time to move on. The results is fixed and we can't change it. Instead, preparing ourselves to move on to a new phrase of life is the most important thing now.

    Talking about moving on, my friends face this big problem of where to go. JC or Poly? If poly, what course? If JC, what subjects? Oh well, 2 years back i face this problem too. I was rather interested in poly but because there are simply too many courses, i decided to go to JJC instead. Why? To avoid making choices lor. Sounds stupid? Yes i know, My rationale at that time was that the choice i make will affect my future and i have not really decided what i want to be in the future so i went on to JC to avoid making that all-important choice.

    2 years down the road, i won't say i regret this decision but i feel i would be more happy in a poly instead. Haiz.

    No use looking back now. Now the most important thing for me is to chant more. I want to be able to accept my GCE "A" Level results(my guess is that it is a terrible flop) and consider what options are open for me and what routes i shall take in the future.

    I am in a fix now, really. After avoiding making that all-important choice 2 years ago, i am facing it again. This time, the stakes are higher and one wrong move may prove costly.

    I really hope to get results which qualify me for local Uni. I know my mum and my siblings are pinning high hopes on me. They have been very good to me and i really do not want to disappoint them, especially my mum. I hope to get into Uni, graduated and get a good job. I guess this is the only way to repay my debts of gratitude towards them.

    Back to the topic of moving on, i will be moving on to a new phrase of life too. I am going to serve National Service this april. I am not too enthusiastic about NS but hey, it is something i have to go through. So, get it done and over with ba.

    I guess i should just sleep now and leave my worries for tomorrow...



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com