cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Friday, January 20, 2006

    Funeral

    An SMS i received from Pei Ling.

    Your dressing at work machiam fight SARS war.
    (Edited as i forgot the original)

    Now that she said it, i agree. After so many days at work, i have got used to it that i didn't realise anything. But for the sake of the general public, i am not complaining. I mean what if one day i have to have an injection and the needle come from BD? Worse still, it comes from the many that i check everyday? So better not complain and check carefully.

    Talking about needles, i face the worst task at work today. Previously, when we check the needles, the defects are rather obvious to the naked eye. Now, the batch of needles we are checking now have defects that are not very obvious but still can be detected if you look carefully. So we have to check v-e-r-y closely and i tell you, it is damn tiring. To add to the misery, there are 25, 000 needles in each bag. Everyone say with me, "What!?"

    Anyway, this post is not about my job. Enough about it. This is weekend and let just forget about it. Today i attended a funeral. The funny part is, i don't know the deceased.

    "Than what you doing there?"

    I was there to accompany my mum la. I don't know what come over me today but normally, i would reject going to any funerals or weddings as i feel that they are her friends, not mine. However, when she ask me to go today, i just go. Maybe it is because

    1) She don't know the way.
    2) She need help in taking LRT(my mum is rather afraid of it as she feel unsafe riding in a driverless vehicle).
    3) The deceased is her kampong neighbour and connected to her eldest sister, who is my da-yi and who i feel very indebted to.

    So being the always nice and filial son, i brought my mum safely to her destination. It is only when we reached that i found out that the deceased is the mother of my da-yi daughter's husband. Complicated? Just take it that my mum is attending a friend's funeral. We saw some relatives there and you know, they would just sit around to do some catching up.

    I was going to type things about my feelings on funerals but i don't know why words seems to be failling me recently. Maybe next time ba.

    Oh, tomorrow i will be attending 心情溶剂 8th National Chinese Song Writing Competition 2006. This is the same competition which Kelly Poon won an award and i also believe it is the one that helps to launch Kaira 龚诗嘉 career. After all, she said she was discovered in a competition.



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com