cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Sunday, January 15, 2006

    Crowds

    I only realised today that we really have 4 million people on this island.

    While buying some simple storage items from IKEA, i got a huge shock. I have never seen so many people gathered at one place before. Serious. It is not as if IKEA is having a BIG sale or what but imagine hardly having any space to walk and risk your foot being knocked head-on with trolleys that are full of stuffs. Luckily i was agile enough to navigate through the store safely and avoiding some near injuries to my precious foot.

    *smile proudly*

    I quickly travel to the corner where all the storage items are displayed, get what i want and...
    guess what, i queued a total of 10 minutes at the check-out counter, despite the fact that there are 18 check-out counters.

    I told myself one thing. NEVER step into IKEA on a sunday, NEVER.
    This is possibly one resolution that i will keep throughout my life. Haha

    But the story do not end here. I don't know whether it is because it is a sunday or the rain has kept people indoors too long but for the first time, i saw the coffeeshops and the market in my area so full of people that again, one could hardly walk. I have never experience this before, not even on a sunday. I remember there are 2 stalls in the market selling sliced fish bee hoon. Guess what, one of them have already closed while the other one has to turn customers away and the time is only 6 plus ya? Imagine the amount of people when the one that has to turn customers away is the one that isn't so nice in terms of food quality. I bet the boss must have been very happy as on a normal day, at 8 plus, there are still quite a reasonable amount of fish left...

    Actually, there are a lot of things i wanted to write for this entry, but somehow words fail me this time and i shall conclude here. Besides, i have to wake up 5.30am tomorrow. *Yawns*



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com