cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Saturday, January 28, 2006

    Chinese New Year

    Today is Chinese New Year Eve, a day where every Chinese will return home from anywhere, everywhere to have reunion dinner. Before i continue, i want to wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year! 恭喜发财,万事如意,心想事成,年年有余!

    Last year reunion dinner was a special one as my family usher in the new year with 2 new members. One is my brother-in-law and the other is my sister-in-law. This year, it is also another special one as my family welcome another 2 new members. No need to say i am sure you guys know that they are my nephew and niece respectively.

    What!? What do you mean you don't know? Where were you all this while? Go 面壁思过! Wait, on second thought, since today is CNY eve, let us all be nice. So no need 面壁思过,just a treat at any restuarant will do. Hee.

    On a serious note, while everyone is busy preparing for CNY, i... i have no feelings at all. Serious! I mean, the only thing i look forward this CNY is the reunion dinner. After that, the following 3 days to me is just like a public holiday break, just that it is longer. Maybe it is because my mum has not planned for us to go anywhere 拜年 or maybe she is going for a trip on 初三 or maybe my siblings has other plans liao but whatever the reason is, i just don't feel the mood. My plan for the next three days is slack at home, literally. Looking at the sky is the top choice now, unless someone can provide me with another better alternative.

    Ar! I know! I could catch a movie! But! I am feeling a bit tight now, especially after paying for the Thailand trip and watching a movie on a public holiday is...
    1) Expensive
    2) You have to squeeze with the crowd
    so i decided to drop the idea.

    Oh, one more thing is that this CNY, i have a first time. This year, i am giving out hongbaos! Nope, i didn't get married secretly in some ulu island or whatsoever. But, being an uncle to 2 cute little babies... so 1 packet for my niece and 1 for my nephew. Also, as i am working-i know temporary, but still working right?-1 packet for my mum too. Sort of repaying my debt of gratitude ba.

    I think i should just stop typing and plan for the next three days. If only my trip can be brought forward and be like Cruz...



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com