cokiwater
Kaiz's Footprints

To Protect, Practise and to Propagate

About Me

  • Name: Tok Aik Kai aka Yi Kai
  • Date i come to this world: 11 Sept 1987
  • Location: Singapore(Love it and proud of it!)
  • Contact me: yikai56@gmail.com
  • Horoscope/Zodiac: Virgo/Rabbit
  • Currently: Trying to survive Mass Communication
  • At the pier
    Archives
    Must Read!

    Wednesday, December 14, 2005

    S-Plan By Yes 933FM

    Haiz. This is one topic I do not really want to touch on it until now.

    Before starting, I must thank this guy by the name of Wong Sze Wei Jeremiah 黄志伟. Will tell you why he is important in this saga later on.

    Not too long ago, while happily listening to Yes 933, there is this very cute ad that is advertising the S-Plan course by Yes 933 that will teach students between the ages of 14 to 20 about the things behind radio broadcast, like conducting interviews, hosting, podcast and some other interesting stuffs. Cute word is used because i really like the ad and it is really cute. Haha.

    So happily, I log on to Yes 933FM official website and registered myself after hearing the ad. So i wait, wait, wait and still wait until the date for the course draws near. The course is from 12th of dec to 15th dec. But i still have not received a call from Yes 933. I began to worry and my fears were realised when Jia Hui said in her Xian Ge Ji Yi programme on 8th Dec.

    Those who registered with Yes 933 for the S-Plan course and have send in the cheques will receive calls soon.

    WTH!!!
    What cheques? I did not receive any call or email to send in any cheques. I began to worry and panicked like an ant on a hot plate. I tried to call in to Yes 933 but no luck. I messaged to the DJs on duty but also no luck. I tried all the ways i could think of but no luck.

    By sunday, the day before the course, it dawns on me that I...

    Did not make it for the course.

    I accepted this cold hard fact. Not peacefully but with a great sense of anger. I kept thinking why? Why? Why? Why was i not accepted? I kept thinking and thinking throughout the whole day and my mood was a record all time low.

    My dream is to be a DJ. I love music and i really enjoyed the joy of sharing good songs with everyone. Not only that, it is a form of servicing people. When people are bored, they can call in and have a chat with the DJ. Who knows they might be feeling down but after the chat and some encouraging words, the person will feel better? And not forgetting reading out SMSes. The SMSes always carried with them messges for a specific person or for a group. The person may just cheer up after hearing the message specially for them.

    By monday, i have settled down and tried to forget about it. But for these 3 days, everytime when 6pm is diplayed on the clock, my mind would wander off and i would think of the things that is happening over at Yes 933 studio. Are the students settled down? Are they absorbing what is being taught? All these thoughts would just flash through my mind and my mood would be at another all time low.

    Than, at 11.30pm on 14th Dec 2005, I opened my Mozilla Firfox browser and log in to My Yahoo. Over at PFFC yahoo group, i saw this message that solved all my doubts.

    志伟 posted a message saying about the S-Plan course. He was in the same situation as me a few days ago but he still managed to get on the course. I shall condense the message here.

    According to the staff at Yes 933, the response for the S-Plan is very de good. So good that even though people have sent in cheques, the staff have to return it. It is believed that within a few hours of opening the application to the public, the course vacancies are all filled up. So the reasons i did not make it is:

    1. By the time you successful registered, more than 55 people (current class size) has beat u to it.

    2. Or internal miscommunications.

    3. You successfully registered, but did not send the cheque (or did not know how or that you need to send check).

    I belong to the first or second reason.

    Well, to 志伟, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

    I am now able to put this matter to rest. I am sad. Yes i am. No, tissues is not needed. Thank you.

    Okay. It is a fact i did not make it for the course. But hey, there is still hope. The last line of his message:

    According to LeeTeng, there'll be another class next March, n those who have successfully registered this time, but did not get in, will have priority for the March course.

    Hope i can make it for the march one. *Pray sincerely*



    Comments: Post a Comment
    Links
    Blogs I Read
    Kaimyo-in Friends
    26th Batchmates
    Uni Classamtes
    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from yikai56. Make your own badge here.
    Designed by mela
    Powered by Blogger
    Get awesomeblog templateslike this one fromBlogSkins.com